Definición de quaint en inglés:
Attractively unusual or old-fashioned: quaint country cottages a quaint old custom
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We have so many quaint old settler cottages as well as grand Victorian and Edwardian buildings.
- This is a quaint old-fashioned shrub that is ideal for both town and country gardens.
- After all, look how modern these quaint old institutions are becoming.
picturesque, charming, sweet, attractive, pleasantly old-fashioned, old-fashioned, old-world, toytown;
North American cunning
British informal twee, arty-crafty
pseudo-archaic olde, olde worlde
unusual, different, out of the ordinary, out of the way, unfamiliar, curious, eccentric, quirky, bizarre, zany, whimsical, fanciful, idiosyncratic, unconventional, outlandish, offbeat, off-centre;
- Example sentences
- The towering Karlovic caused a stunning upset by smashing defending champion Lleyton Hewitt in the first round of this year's Gentlemen's Singles, as the event is so quaintly named.
- Two admirals are already behind bars for stealing a tanker full of crude, an endemic practice quaintly known as ‘bunkering.’
- It's in the quaintly romantic idea of his proferred hand, her smile of acceptance, the communion of eyes during the dance, even though most of us are there to romance the dance rather than each other.
- Example sentences
- Typically, critics focused on the strangeness and quaintness of the boxes, missing some of the ‘richness & poetry’ that had flowed into the making of Cornell's constructions.
- The people are so nice, the city so pleasant and full of history, but what I see so far is that it has English quaintness yet all the luxuries we are used to in America.
- Like nearly everything in the Fitzroy Gardnes, it is looking a bit the worse for wear, but the slight shabbiness and quaintness contributes to the tree's charm and friendliness, rather than detracting from it.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan