1Composed of discrete units; varying in steps rather than continuously: a quantal release of neurotransmitter
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The number of receptors opened following quantal release may vary directly with the total number of receptors at the synapse, but other, more complex, interactions may occur.
- Expression of tetanus toxin is known to reduce the frequency of spontaneous quantal release.
- Ideally, this requires the identification of peaks in the histogram at a spacing of one quantal unit.
1.2chiefly Physiology Relating to or denoting an all-or-none response or state.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Furthermore, it allows one to calculate the apparent quantal size for each response in a sequence of stimuli.
- In this case, the quantal amplitude of postsynaptic response strongly depends on the number of accessible postsynaptic receptors in the vicinity of the release sites.
- The extrasynaptic receptors that are exposed to a much lower concentration of agonist and are not saturated may substantially enhance the quantal synaptic response.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Thus, a single Gag particle associates ‘quantally’ with one lipid raft, containing homogeneous trimeric viral envelope proteins, to assemble functional virions.
- Analgesia was defined quantally as a doubling or greater of the baseline latency for each mouse.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: quant¦al
Definición de quantal en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda