A match or round of a knockout competition that precedes the semi-final: the Scottish Cup quarter-final between Hearts and Dundee [as modifier]: Carrick are in contention for a quarter-final place
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Germany will next play the US in the quarter-final of the World Cup finals on Friday.
- Meanwhile Britain's Ross Edgar was knocked out of the quarter-finals of the men's sprints.
- The Spanish league is too close to call, and in the Champions League quarter-finals Real meet Bayern.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- But while the defending champions, Cameroon, and the 2002 World Cup quarter-finalists, Senegal, have already packed their bags and returned home, the two West Africans are still around.
- Unseeded Taufik, a quarter-finalist in Sydney four years ago, eased past Thailand's Ponsana Boonsak 15-9 15-2.
- But he admits he has quickly become disillusioned with the amateur game after rising from novice to world championship quarter-finalist in a whirlwind 16 months.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: quarter-final
Definición de quarter-final en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda