(also quarter of an hour)
1A period of fifteen minutes.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I used to put minutes, quarter-hours, half-hours into this game, like ever larger sums into a slot machine.
- Workers also won a ‘service day’ for every three years and a quarter of an hour off some shifts.
- The veteran striker powered home two trademark headers within two minutes in the final quarter of an hour to spare his side's blushes.
1.1A point of time fifteen minutes before or after any hour: a carriage clock chimed the quarter-hour
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The tips on rounding hours to the next quarter-hour or tenth-hour and dropping your own VBA procedure into a formula were most ingenious.
- Mark Wood opened the scoring on the quarter-hour and Mark Swales completed the victory just after the hour mark as the Pikes bounced back superbly from Saturday's disappointing home defeat to title rivals Eastwood Town.
Definición de quarter-hour en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda