1Each of four equal groups into which a population can be divided according to the distribution of values of a particular variable: in the highest quartile, the mean age was 72
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Children in the upper quartile of the blood-lead-concentration distribution donated another blood sample in February 1993.
- White women were older, smoked more, and were less likely to have dietary calcium intakes in the lowest quartile of distribution than black and Hispanic women.
- The school is one of several elementary schools within a district that is in the bottom quartile when fourth grade standardized test scores and passage rates are compared throughout the state.
1.1Each of the three values of the random variable which divide a population into quartiles.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Every measurement was first divided by its plate's quartile and then multiplied by the average quartile of the respective experiment.
- Simple quartiles cannot be defined in interval variables unless their boundaries chance to fall at interval boundaries.
- We calculate medians and quartiles of the age at leaving home by sex and race, using a fitted curve derived from a logit regression model.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: quar|tile
Definición de quartile en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda