Definición de quatercentenary en inglés:
sustantivo (plural quatercentenaries)
The four-hundredth anniversary of a significant event: the quatercentenary of the college’s foundation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The following year, on the quatercentenary of James's birth, a newspaper celebrated the event under the headline ‘The Poor Man's King’.
- Coincidentally, the close of this jubilee year will usher in another anniversary of great significance to Scotland: the quatercentenary of the Union of the Crowns in 1603, the event that gave birth to the United Kingdom.
- Four of them were presented at an ecumenical symposium sponsored by St. John's College, Winnipeg, Manitoba, in November 2000, the quatercentenary of Hooker's death.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to a four-hundredth anniversary.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A part of the quatercentenary celebration of Shakespeare's birth, this RSC production was adapted for television as a New Year's day treat for British audiences during an engagement at the Aldwych Theatre in London.
- At the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Watson was president in 1878 and again in 1905, at the quatercentenary festival.
- It was, however, during the quatercentenary celebrations of the Roanoke Voyages in the 1980s that she became closely involved in the colony as well as its maps.
Definición de quatercentenary en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Malasia