Definición de quatercentenary en inglés:
sustantivo (plural quatercentenaries)
The four-hundredth anniversary of a significant event: the quatercentenary of the college’s foundation
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The following year, on the quatercentenary of James's birth, a newspaper celebrated the event under the headline ‘The Poor Man's King’.
- Coincidentally, the close of this jubilee year will usher in another anniversary of great significance to Scotland: the quatercentenary of the Union of the Crowns in 1603, the event that gave birth to the United Kingdom.
- Four of them were presented at an ecumenical symposium sponsored by St. John's College, Winnipeg, Manitoba, in November 2000, the quatercentenary of Hooker's death.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Relating to a four-hundredth anniversary.
- A part of the quatercentenary celebration of Shakespeare's birth, this RSC production was adapted for television as a New Year's day treat for British audiences during an engagement at the Aldwych Theatre in London.
- At the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Watson was president in 1878 and again in 1905, at the quatercentenary festival.
- It was, however, during the quatercentenary celebrations of the Roanoke Voyages in the 1980s that she became closely involved in the colony as well as its maps.
Definición de quatercentenary en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan