sustantivo (plural quatercentenaries)
- The four-hundredth anniversary of a significant event: the quatercentenary of the college’s foundationMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The following year, on the quatercentenary of James's birth, a newspaper celebrated the event under the headline ‘The Poor Man's King’.
- Coincidentally, the close of this jubilee year will usher in another anniversary of great significance to Scotland: the quatercentenary of the Union of the Crowns in 1603, the event that gave birth to the United Kingdom.
- Four of them were presented at an ecumenical symposium sponsored by St. John's College, Winnipeg, Manitoba, in November 2000, the quatercentenary of Hooker's death.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to a four-hundredth anniversary.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A part of the quatercentenary celebration of Shakespeare's birth, this RSC production was adapted for television as a New Year's day treat for British audiences during an engagement at the Aldwych Theatre in London.
- At the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Watson was president in 1878 and again in 1905, at the quatercentenary festival.
- It was, however, during the quatercentenary celebrations of the Roanoke Voyages in the 1980s that she became closely involved in the colony as well as its maps.
late 19th century: from Latin quater 'four times' + centenary.
Más definiciones de quatercentenaryDefinición de quatercentenary en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.