Definición de quaver en inglés:
- Monty spins to attention, his head raised with great offense, his voice quavering with emotion - ‘Why did you say that?’
- His voice quavering, the senator added, ‘I'm also sorry if anything I said in any way cast a negative light on our fine men and women in the military.’
- ‘I couldn't stop in time,’ he explained, voice quavering.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Despite himself, a little quaver was in his voice.
- It's a mark of the return of confidence that no one said this with a quaver in their voice or a God-Willing shrug.
- Andrew Shore's Don Alfonso, in spite of a quaver in his voice, was expert and satisfying.
- Furthermore, a comparison of the way in which crotchets and quavers are notated makes it likely that the same scribe copied both works.
- Hopkins, an amateur composer, often described his theory in terms of musical notation, speaking of rests, crotchets, and quavers.
- Tom is still performing, taking time each day to keep up with his dotted quavers and four beat notes.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- ‘By the author of The Remains of The Day’ they quaveringly assert on the cover of his new novel.
- The shorter man bravely risked embarrassment and asked quaveringly, ‘What woman?’
- She gulped before asking quaveringly, ‘Um, sir… could you please tell us where we are?’
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- When Merce Cunningham calls from his home in New York, his soft voice sounds frail and quavery.
- So it's not that your voice becomes more quavery when you're nervous or upset, rather that it becomes more steady.
- In a pitying, quavery voice a shopper asks, ‘Do you want me to help you find the door?’
Late Middle English (as a verb in the general sense 'tremble'): from dialect quave 'quake, tremble', probably from an Old English word related to quake. The noun is first recorded (mid 16th century) as a musical term.
Palabras que riman con quaverAva, caver, craver, deva, engraver, enslaver, favour (US favor), flavour (US flavor), graver, haver, laver, paver, raver, saver, savour (US savor), shaver, vena cava, waiver, waver
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.