1A punctuation mark (?) indicating a question.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Who made the error in punctuation of putting a question mark after the sample questions, the SQA or the Scotsman?
- Every sentence ended with a question mark, and was punctuated by a popping bubble or annoying giggle.
- In both cases, the question mark comes after the marks that relate to the quoted names, and before the mark or marks that close the sentence of speech.
1.1Used to express doubt or uncertainty about something: there’s a question mark over his future
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Bury's uncertain future means there's a question mark over the club's youth and reserve teams next season.
- He said a strike could put a question mark over fare levels and peripheral services, and that the pension fund situation made matters worse.
- There was a big question mark over the Selby factory's future.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ques|tion mark
Definición de question mark en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda