- 1A bird of the trogon family, with iridescent green plumage and typically red underparts, found in the forests of tropical America.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Pharomachrus, family Trogonidae: five species, especially the resplendent quetzal (P. mocinno), the male of which has very long tail coverts and was venerated by the Aztecs
- Mexico is home to toucans, vultures, hummingbirds, woodpeckers, parrots, macaws, and quetzals.
- At Volcan Baru, the country's most visited national park and its highest elevation, catch a glimpse of the quetzal or toucan.
- Or I can try something cooler by immersing myself in the cloud-enshrouded virgin forest of Braulio Carillo National Park - a great place to observe bird-watchers delighting in the trogons and quetzals.
- 2The basic monetary unit of Guatemala, equal to 100 centavos.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I am standing in line to exchange my dollars for quetzals; so is Angela.
- The Guatemalan unit of currency, the quetzal, is named for the Guatemalan national bird.
- He offered the teachers a 100 quetzal monthly bonus - a fraction of the teachers' demand for a doubling of their current wages.
early 19th century (in sense 1): from Spanish, from Aztec quetzalli 'brightly coloured tail feather'.
Más definiciones de quetzalDefinición de quetzal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.