1The liquid metal mercury.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Mercury has long been known also by the name quicksilver, because it is a silver liquid.
- It is the secret, the mystery of quicksilver, that a metal of such enormous density can yet remain liquid.
- California exported nearly all its silver to Asian markets, as well as much of its quicksilver [mercury], which was a key new element in improving the extraction of precious metals from ore.
1.1 [as modifier] Moving or changing rapidly and unpredictably: his quicksilver wit
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tex Avery had wit, quicksilver charm, and near-boundless inventive genius.
- And another quicksilver attack saw Carlton cross for the rapidly arriving Twiss - but Uberschar deflected his shot for a corner.
- But he is an immensely gifted comic, with a quicksilver imagination which is like a video player permanently jammed in fast-forward.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: quick|sil¦ver
Definición de quicksilver en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda