In a state or period of inactivity or dormancy: strikes were headed by groups of workers who had previously been quiescent
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her prior medical history was otherwise only remarkable for a quiescent ulcerative colitis.
- The tumor is usually benign and remains histologically quiescent for a long period of time.
- During fasting, or between meals, the gastrointestinal tract is not completely quiescent.
mid 17th century: from Latin quiescent- 'being still', from the verb quiescere, from quies 'quiet'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Asthma in childhood often has a much different clinical pattern than in adults, with long periods of quiescence punctuated by virally induced exacerbations that often diminish in frequency with time.
- Cells may exit the cell cycle at G 1 and enter a nonproliferative phase called G 0 or quiescence.
- The next four decades saw periods of resurgence and quiescence in Soviet anti-Semitism.