In a state or period of inactivity or dormancy: strikes were headed by groups of workers who had previously been quiescent
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Her prior medical history was otherwise only remarkable for a quiescent ulcerative colitis.
- The tumor is usually benign and remains histologically quiescent for a long period of time.
- During fasting, or between meals, the gastrointestinal tract is not completely quiescent.
inactive, inert, latent, fallow, passive, idle, at rest, inoperative, deactivated, in abeyance, quiet;
still, motionless, immobile, stagnant, dormant, asleep, slumbering, sluggish, lethargic, torpid
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Asthma in childhood often has a much different clinical pattern than in adults, with long periods of quiescence punctuated by virally induced exacerbations that often diminish in frequency with time.
- Cells may exit the cell cycle at G 1 and enter a nonproliferative phase called G 0 or quiescence.
- The next four decades saw periods of resurgence and quiescence in Soviet anti-Semitism.
Mid 17th century: from Latin quiescent- 'being still', from the verb quiescere, from quies 'quiet'.
Palabras que riman con quiescentacquiescent, adolescent, albescent, Besant, coalescent, confessant, convalescent, crescent, depressant, effervescent, erubescent, evanescent, excrescent, flavescent, fluorescent, immunosuppressant, incandescent, incessant, iridescent, juvenescent, lactescent, liquescent, luminescent, nigrescent, obsolescent, opalescent, pearlescent, phosphorescent, pubescent, putrescent, suppressant, turgescent, virescent, viridescent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda