In a quiet manner: he worked quietly and diligently [as submodifier]: she was quietly confident that they’d win
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is quietly confident that he is steering the economic juggernaut in the right direction.
- Whether he can turn a club around as easily as he can a game remains to be seen but he's quietly confident.
- We went into the game quietly confident that we could win it but we paid a high price.
silently, in silence, noiselessly, soundlessly, inaudibly; mutely, dumbly, tacitly
literary stillysoftly, making little noise, in a low voice, in low/hushed/muted/subdued tones, in a whisper/murmur/mumble, murmuringly, under one's breath, in an undertone, sotto voce, gently, faintly, weakly, feeblydiscreetly, privately, confidentially, secretly, unofficially, off the record, between ourselves, between you and me (and the bedpost/gatepost/doorpost/wall)unobtrusively, unostentatiously, unpretentiously, with restraint, with reserve, conservatively, soberly, modestly, demurely, plainlycalmly, patiently, placidly, serenely, undemonstratively, unemotionally, unassumingly
- Australian/NZ informal Confidentially.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And just quietly; an extremely over-rated captain too.
- Their second album should be out in April… just quietly, I've heard a few tracks, and it's sounding sublime.
- Then, after all the fuss, they'll just quietly send them on to New Zealand.