1A hard, acid pear-shaped fruit used in preserves or as flavouring: [as modifier]: quince jelly
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In Italy, from early times, mustard came to be used to flavour mostarda di frutta, a fruit relish made from quinces or grapes.
- Once removed from the heat, as the syrup cooled, the pectin in the fruit encouraged the liquid to be transformed into a lovely quince jelly riddled with dark and aromatic vanilla seeds.
- You can serve them with apple or quince compôte, with cream cheese and raisins, or with yoghurt and honey instead - but just remember that it's Pancake Day, not Wild Experiments With Batter Day.
2The shrub or small tree which bears quinces, native to western Asia.
- Cydonia oblonga, family Rosaceae.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Fireblight is a bacterial disease that most commonly attacks apple and crabapple trees, but it also can bother cotoneaster, hawthorn, mountain ash, pear, pyracantha, quince, and service berry.
- The quince is native to the Caucasus, where wild, bent little trees still grow on the hillsides, but it spread quickly throughout the ancient world, being taken up by the Persians, the Greeks and, of course, the Romans.
- There were mangoes and cherries and quinces and apples and apricots and almonds, and beyond the orchards there were thickets of tamarisk and casuarina as well as groves of mulberry trees belonging to the silk farmers.
2.1 (Japanese quince) another term for japonica.
Palabras que riman con quincechintz, convince, evince, Linz, mince, Port-au-Prince, prince, rinse, since, Vince, wince
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: quince
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda