Definición de quixotic en inglés:
- Others existed only as working hypotheses, unrealized plans or quixotic fantasies.
- His quixotic, idealist appeal for justice contrasts sharply with the rest of the exhibition, in which justice does not seem to be expected.
- It is an old-fashioned project, and a quixotic one, but deeply moving in its hope that Wyclif's Bible and Burns's songs form an inheritance we would all want, if only we knew about it.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- That sounds quixotically noble, this stand for the ‘inviolability of marriage.’
- He also seems to write with little concern for cadence, leaving himself stumbling over excess syllables and quixotically stuffing verbal square pegs into musical round holes when it comes time to sing.
- The pioneers of wind energy are an iconoclastic lot, tilting, if you will, at the windmills of conventional energy wisdom and quixotically persisting in the face of difference and opposition.
A quixotic person is idealistic, unrealistic, and impractical, like the hero of the Spanish novel Don Quixote ( 1605–15) by Miguel de Cervantes. Don Quixote is a middle-aged country gentleman obsessed with tales of chivalry who decides to become a knight and rides out with his squire Sancho Panza in search of adventure. See also tilt
Palabras que riman con quixoticabiotic, amniotic, antibiotic, chaotic, demotic, despotic, erotic, exotic, homoerotic, hypnotic, idiotic, macrobiotic, meiotic, narcotic, neurotic, osmotic, patriotic, prebiotic, psychotic, robotic, sclerotic, semiotic, symbiotic, zygotic, zymotic
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.