Definición de rabble-rouser en inglés:
A person who speaks with the intention of inflaming the emotions of a crowd of people, typically for political reasons.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- And most importantly, both share utter contempt for the politicians who, according to them, are rabble-rousers, inept and corrupt.
- Trinidad went through one of the most volatile periods in its history during the 30s as they marched to independence - you had labor struggles, government crackdowns on rabble-rousers and full-on riots in the streets.
- The seats immediately surrounding them remained unfilled; though it was a standing-room only crowd, none of the fashionable attendees would dream of sitting in proximity to such notorious rabble-rousers.
rabble-rousing adjetivo& sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- This extraordinary film is celluloid incendiarism, rabble-rousing cinema with a delirious, delicious edge of black comedy which I estimate to be about 90-95% intentional.
- Aren't there young men who are swayed by nothing more than the stirring music of a military brass band, or the sight of fine-looking uniforms, or the rabble-rousing rhetoric of a jingoistic politician while the flag waves in the wind?
- These were not wild-eyed, rabble-rousing ruffians.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Pakistán