- 1A greyish-brown American mammal which has a foxlike face with a black mask, a ringed tail, and the habit of washing its food in water.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Procyon, family Procyonidae (the raccoon family): two species, in particular the common raccoon (P. lotor), which often occurs in urban areas in North America. The raccoon family also includes the coati, kinkajou, cacomistle, and olingo
- From North America came squirrels and raccoons, bears and bison, eagles and an elk.
- That's when the animals are most active and it's fun to see the deer, raccoons, opossums, rabbits, and birds.
- Still other eutherians, such as raccoons and bears, are omnivores, eating both meat and plant material.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The fur of the raccoon.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It can be made from a variety of pelts and hides including leather, sealskin, mink, racoon, rabbit or pigskin in hundreds of different styles.
- No mink stole or raccoon wrap is safe from a pulpy projectile that's gone to seed.
early 17th century: from Virginia Algonquian aroughcun.
Más definiciones de raccoonDefinición de raccoon en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.