- A unit of absorbed dose of ionizing radiation, corresponding to the absorption of 0.01 joule per kilogram of absorbing material.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The dose equivalent in rems is numerically equal to the absorbed dose in rads multiplied by the quality factor, which, for most medical radiation, is one.
- The radiation dosage was 5000 rads, similar to what has been used for other domestic species.
- For example, ordinary first responders are instructed not to enter an affected area to save someone's life if they would accumulate a dose of 25 rads of radiation.
early 20th century: acronym from radiation absorbed dose.
adjetivo• informal , chiefly North American
- Excellent; impressive: his style is so rad a really rad gameMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The video was all over the internet, too, and was equally rad.
- I feel incredibly lucky to be in such a rad work environment with a most excellent group of people.
- I've skated with a lot of pro skaters and come across lots of rad style, but the best style I've ever witness in my life was this guy, I think his name was Ryan.
1980s: probably an abbreviation of radical.
- short for radiator.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We carried spare water for the rad, a hand pump just in case the Dunlop pressure dropped, and maybe even a canister of petrol.
- Take care when taking the rad off its wall - brackets.
- I can always put off doing the woodwork and rad until a later date, although I'd like to get it done fairly soon.