- 1A thing that radiates or emits light, heat, or sound: a dipole is a less efficient radiator of sound than a monopoleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It follows, then, that any radiation emitted by the cavity radiator corresponds to the definition of blackbody radiation.
- Examples of radar reflectors are solar panels and heat radiators.
- Uncoated glass is a good radiator, so heat radiates from the window and is lost.
- 1.1A device for heating a room consisting of a metal tank connected by pipes through which hot water is pumped by a central heating system.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- My property is a one bedroom flat with 5 radiators, gas central heating and a gas cooker.
- He made his money by inventing a pipe connector which allows radiators to be swivelled forward without being disconnected, making it easy to wallpaper behind them.
- A wood-fired boiler is an obvious match for a home with radiators or other hydronic systems (hot water moving through pipes).
- 1.2A portable oil or electric heater.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mrs Foster added that ever since the fire was condemned she has had to buy and use portable electric radiators.
- He went on to say that among the areas which had now become a dumping ground was at the back of Waterford Regional Hospital where someone had left radiators, other heaters and furniture.
- When you first see the F - 50, it's easy to believe you're looking at a portable radiator.
- 2An engine-cooling device in a motor vehicle or aircraft consisting of a bank of thin tubes in which circulating water is cooled by the surrounding air: the water in my car radiator frozeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The thin air also reduces the engine's power and decreases the cooling efficiency on the oil and water radiators that cool the engine.
- Water cooled engines include radiator, pump, thermostat, fan and connecting hoses and pipes.
- The radiator has tubes that contain large amount of water and has an area to allow outside air to pass through.
Más definiciones de radiatorDefinición de radiator en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.