- A single-celled aquatic animal which has a spherical amoeba-like body with a spiny skeleton of silica. Their skeletons can accumulate as a slimy deposit on the seabed.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Three classes of the phylum Actinopoda, kingdom Protista (formerly subclass or order Radiolaria)
- Like other radiolarians, Acantharea have an elaborate mineralized skeleton.
- Won regarded the hollow canal structure as one of the indicators of the close relationship of radiolarians and the Porifera.
- Therefore, in terms of geological age determined by radiolarians and the ammonoid, this brachiopod fauna should be assigned to the latest Changhsingian.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Relating to or formed from radiolarians: radiolarian oozeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Calcareous oozes are common in the low and mid-latitudes while in other places, particularly the high latitudes, radiolarian oozes tend to dominate.
- Twenty-two samples for radiolarian research were collected from the grayish black, thin-bedded limestone and siliceous limestone of the Baoqing Member and the Mcishan Member.
- Well-preserved Late Cambrian radiolarian faunas were recovered from carbonate rocks of the Cow Head Group of the Great Northern Peninsula of the island of Newfoundland, Canada.
Más definiciones de radiolarianDefinición de radiolarian en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.