- An instrument carried by balloon or other means to various levels of the atmosphere and transmitting measurements by radio.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This rate of temperature decrease, the environmental lapse rate, must be measured to be known; this is done routinely by balloons carrying instruments called radiosondes.
- The MMS sounds the atmosphere with a balloon-borne radiosonde, which measures the meteorological parameters of temperature, pressure, relative humidity, wind speed and wind direction.
- These problems are sufficiently serious that the US National Weather Service adjusts satellite data every week to match radiosondes, in effect relying upon radiosondes as a reference instrument.
1930s: from radio- (relating to broadcasting) + German Sonde 'probe'.
Más definiciones de radiosondeDefinición de radiosonde en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.