1A palm tree native to tropical Africa and Madagascar, with a short trunk and leaves which may be up to 18 m (60 feet) long.
- Raphia ruffia, family Palmae
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In addition, clothing and mats are popular wares, which are often made from the ubiquitous raffia palm tree.
- In addition, the raffia palms, of which there are various species in the African tropics and a few in S. America, yield oil.
1.1 [mass noun] The fibre from the leaves of the raffia tree, used for making items such as hats and baskets: [as modifier]: raffia mats
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Traditional crafts have also had a long tradition of importance for items such as pottery, handwoven cloth, carved stools, raffia baskets, and gold jewelry.
- Three of us shared that space; half of the cell was taken up by the bed - a raised concrete platform with raffia mats.
- Brylee threw the role of raffia into the basket she was pushing, and the two continued walking.
Early 18th century: from Malagasy.
Palabras que riman con raffiaMafia, tafia
Definición de raffia en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda