- 1A person who attacks an enemy in their territory; a marauder: Scandinavian raiders put down their roots in CumbriaMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Their country's withdrawal of troops from the rebel republic of Chechnya is the key demand of the raiders.
- The new raiders were even more dangerous than their ninth-century ancestors.
- In a passage on the war years, he includes the story about the single German air raider firing on the fish shop.
- 1.1A person who attacks business premises in order to steal: masked raiders burst into the 100-seater restaurantMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the same year, the police sergeant was fatally stabbed by raiders outside a post office in New Addington, Surrey.
- He declined to give exact details of the circumstances surrounding the arrest of the raiders.
- On Thursday morning last Ardagh Post Office was broken into by a number of raiders who fled away in the direction of Rathkeale.