Definición de rain check en inglés:
1A ticket given for later use when a sporting fixture or other outdoor event is interrupted or postponed by rain.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The course even gave each player a free rain check at the same cost as they had already paid for the non-day's golf.
- This is also when Kevin cashes in all the rain checks to play some golf at the lower elevations.
- take a rain check
- Used to refuse an offer politely, with the implication that one may take it up at a later date: they wanted me to come along for the ride but I took a rain checkMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Now now I didn't turn you down I just took a rain check.
- She took a rain check on the invitation to lunch with her colleagues and sought Mel out instead.
- I think I'll take a rain check on that one, Winters.
Definición de rain check en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda