- Take the track to the left of the castle ramparts, rounding small sewage works on its left.
- This narrow headland was defended as a cliff castle with three stone ramparts across its neck.
- It nestles just off the town square of Durrow, surrounded by the old rampart of the castle walls.
- He was the only one not standing on a rampart, but was instead leaning out a window.
- The string of them reminded Mike of a rampart, or some other manner of fortification.
- Each man carried a stake and this was driven into the top of the rampart.
Late 16th century: from French rempart, from remparer 'fortify, take possession of again', based on Latin ante 'before' + parare 'prepare'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: ram|part
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.