- My forecast is for that number to continue to grow to at a rapid rate across the coming years.
- Gun collecting has really taken off in the last few years and prices are moving up at a rapid rate.
- With the rapid fall in interest rates the desire to purchase an annuity diminished.
- As the name indicates, the eyes of the sleeper move back and forth at rapid speed during their sleep.
- Billy Whizz, named for the rapid speed at which he could move, escaped on July 16 last year.
- His ugly face split into a malicious grin and he bore down upon her with rapid speed.
- We could not see the other side and we had no boats that could brave the river rapids.
- Water splashed into my mouth as the wild river rapids threw me this way and that.
- Guides lead the party down river to negotiate the rapids and climb the rocks that block the way.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He said that the government had prioritized the sale of ‘technology driven’ companies because of the rapidness of change in technology.
- I consider the gameplay speed of Halo 2 to be just perfect for online playing compared to the vertigo-inducing rapidness of Doom 3.
- As I listened to the steady in-and-out of my own breathing, and the increasing rapidness of my heartbeat, I wished, for a moment in time, that Kerwin would kiss me.
Mid 17th century: from Latin rapidus, from rapere 'take by force'.
rape from Late Middle English:
This originally referred to the violent seizure of property, and later to the carrying off of a woman by force. It comes via Anglo-Norman French from Latin rapere ‘seize’, also the source of the word rapacious and rapid [both M17th], and of rapt (Late Middle English) and rapture (late 16th century), when you are carried away by your feelings. In Old French repere was changed to ravir, source of ravish (Middle English). The plant name, rape, originally referred to the turnip. It is from Latin rapum, rapa ‘turnip’.
Palabras que riman con rapidsapid, vapid
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: rapid
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.