Definición de rapier en inglés:
1A thin, light sharp-pointed sword used for thrusting.
- In the scuffle, they exchange rapiers and Hamlet slices Laertes with the venomous weapon.
- All swords and rapiers used are blunt, but otherwise accurate replicas of surviving examples.
- Initially, logic suggested that rapiers used in formal personal combat should be as long as possible.
1.1 [as modifier] (Especially of speech or intelligence) quick and incisive: rapier wit
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As you can see, this is already shaping up to be a winner for subtlety and rapier wit.
- He also has a rapier wit and a refined taste for red wine and sweet revenge.
- I may have to move to the United States to battle these people with my rapier wit and rugged good looks.
early 16th century: from French rapière, from râpe 'rasp, grater' (because the perforated hilt resembles a rasp or grater).
Definición de rapier en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan