Definición de rapier en inglés:
1A thin, light sharp-pointed sword used for thrusting.
- In the scuffle, they exchange rapiers and Hamlet slices Laertes with the venomous weapon.
- All swords and rapiers used are blunt, but otherwise accurate replicas of surviving examples.
- Initially, logic suggested that rapiers used in formal personal combat should be as long as possible.
1.1 [as modifier] (Especially of speech or intelligence) quick and incisive: rapier wit
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As you can see, this is already shaping up to be a winner for subtlety and rapier wit.
- He also has a rapier wit and a refined taste for red wine and sweet revenge.
- I may have to move to the United States to battle these people with my rapier wit and rugged good looks.
early 16th century: from French rapière, from râpe 'rasp, grater' (because the perforated hilt resembles a rasp or grater).
Definición de rapier en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary