- A bandit or irregular soldier in Ireland in the 17th century.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Especially in the seventeenth and early eighteenth centuries, tories and rapparees were important, though often overlooked, figures in the history of Irish resistance to English colonisation.
- In 1848, an old man came to the house of William Carleton, author of Redmond Count O'Hanlon and other popular novels and short stories involving tories and rapparees.
- Hardly any local tories or rapparees are remembered in Connacht, the generally less fertile province to which the dispossessed ‘mere Irish’ were forced by Cromwell.
from Irish rapaire 'short pike'.
Más definiciones de rappareeDefinición de rapparee en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.