Definición de rapturous en inglés:
Characterized by, feeling, or expressing great pleasure or enthusiasm: he was greeted with rapturous applause
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They brought their wit and music to the midlands and received rapturous applause.
- Leon performed a handful of his own songs, each one greeted with rapturous applause.
- She described how the mere sight of the Pope's plane was met by rapturous applause and tears of joy.
ecstatic, joyful, joyous, elated, euphoric, enraptured, on cloud nine, in seventh heaven, transported, in transports, in raptures, beside oneself with joy/happiness, rhapsodic, ravished, enchanted, enthusiastic, delighted, thrilled, overjoyed, blissful, happy
Australian informal wrapped
- Example sentences
- Indeed, Morrissey's new songs are the most rapturously received, more so even than the Smiths gems that he periodically drops into our laps.
- American audiences didn't question why she had suddenly returned; but they greeted her rapturously with standing ovations.
- Being conceptually similar to what was then happening in alternative pop, these were rapturously received by a young, European audience.