- 1A breed of livestock or poultry that is not associated with large-scale commercial farming, typically one that has traditionally been reared in a particular region: he rears various rare breeds including Gloucester Old Spot pigs [as modifier]: rare breed cattleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The visit included seeing wild boar and rare breed pigs in their natural habitat, including two new litters.
- Aside from their worth on the plate, rare breed pigs are becoming increasingly popular as pets and hobby herds.
- On the farm you'll see rare breed pigs rooting around and traditional Red Galloway cattle out to graze or knee-deep in straw.
- 2A person or thing with characteristics that are uncommon among their kind; a rarity: she’s one of the rare breed of Hollywood stars who tread the fine line between commercial glory and art house credibilityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Channon is one of a rare breed who have reached the top in two different sports.
- Rankin is one of that rare breed of photographers whose pictures have defined the times in which they live.
- It's a rare breed of player who comes to a club at 12 years old and stays for his whole career.
Más definiciones de rare breedDefinición de rare breed en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.