(also rare earth element or rare earth metal)
- Any of a group of chemically similar metallic elements comprising the lanthanide series and (usually) scandium and yttrium. They are not especially rare, but they tend to occur together in nature and are difficult to separate from one another.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thulium is a rare earth element, one of the elements found in row 6 of the periodic table.
- The effect was predicted to be very weak, but least weak with rare earth and transition metal ions.
- Dysprosium is one of 15 rare earth elements, a family also known as the lanthanides.
Más definiciones de rare earthDefinición de rare earth en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.