Definición de rascasse en inglés:
A small scorpionfish with brick-red skin and spiny fins, found chiefly in the Mediterranean and used as an ingredient of bouillabaisse.
- Scorpaena scrofa, family Scorpaenidae
- A. J. Liebling once proposed in the New Yorker that efforts be made to compare N. American fish of this family with the rascasses of the Mediterranean.
- But the one thing I hope we're all agreed on is that it must contain that indigenous Mediterranean fish, the rascasse.
- Traditionally, the ugliest fish - the devilish-looking rascasse - are reserved for the rich, rust-coloured fish stew called bouillabaisse.
1920s: from French.
Definición de rascasse en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan