- Opposing political or social progress or reform: reactionary attitudes toward women’s rightsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is a highly political ruling with reactionary consequences for both asylum-seekers and democratic rights as a whole.
- To make matters even worse, a Democratic president, Buchanan, gave his political support to these reactionary efforts.
- In a professional army, the extent of deeply reactionary political sentiment is far greater.
sustantivo (plural reactionaries)Volver al principio
- A reactionary person: he was later to become an extreme reactionaryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The lesson of the story was that from a long-term point of view, all reactionaries are paper tigers.
- He is an opportunist and a power hungry reactionary, I don't even see him ‘liberalising’ the economy.
- No mere reactionary, Schwartz was also interested in and informed about contemporary art that might look very different from his own.