- 1Showing a response to a stimulus: pupils are reactive to lightMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Is the measles virus reactive to ultra violet light?
- The reactive response is when my ego is offended.
- I was a bit surprised to read the reactive / defensive response of some of my classmates.
- 1.1 Physiology Showing an immune response to a specific antigen: lysosomal activity can activate B lymphocytes reactive against self-componentsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Several methods are available to prevent the formation of preformed reactive antibodies to HLA antigens.
- Arrows indicate cells reactive to the zeatine specific antibodies.
- Eyebright appears to make your immune system less reactive to airborne allergens.
- 1.2(Of a disease or illness) caused by a reaction to something: reactive arthritis reactive depressionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Reiter's syndrome is a form of reactive arthritis, an inflammation of the joints that occurs in response to infection.
- The histologic causes of these false-positive lymph nodes were granuloma, reactive inflammation, and anthracosis.
- The etiology of a pulmonary exacerbation is likely a variety of airway insults including respiratory viral infections, reactive airway disease, and pollutants.
- 1.3Having a tendency to react chemically: nitrogen dioxide is a highly reactive gasMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Ozone is produced when sunlight triggers chemical reactions involving reactive hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxides.
- A molecule's functional group is the chemically reactive portion, or segment, of an organic chemical molecule.
- At room temperature, formaldehyde is an extremely reactive colorless gas with a suffocating odor.
- 2Acting in response to a situation rather than creating or controlling it: a proactive rather than a reactive approachMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The leaders who built enduring great companies showed a creative inside-out approach rather than a reactive outside-in approach.
- The key is to be proactive rather than reactive taking a firm stance before the situation gets out of hand.
- Much of Cuba's Internet control strategy has entailed reactive state responses to the challenges outlined above.
- 3 Physics Relating to reactance: a reactive loadMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is important to remember that any reactive load will produce standing waves on the line.
- There are separate accumulators for generator tripping and 500-kV reactive power compensation switching for this algorithm as well.
- Generator tripping must be technically and contractually feasible, and the reactive power devices must be in place.
Más definiciones de reactiveDefinición de reactive en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.