- 1500 (formerly 480) sheets of paper.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In fact, I think the ream of paper sitting next to my printer is actually the same package I bought when I got to New York.
- Oskar has convinced Bruno to buy him a ream of blank white paper (Oskar terms it ‘virgin’ paper) so that he can write out his autobiography.
- I bought a ream of paper and kept it close at hand.
- 1.1 (usually reams) A large quantity of something, especially paper or writing: reams of paper have been used to debate these questionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But he also wrote reams of unpublished serious music.
- I wrote reams of poetry in my sixth form days, as a lot of people do.
- Meeting planners promise that all these new devices will liberate conference-goers from their social insecurities and the reams of paper that can attach themselves to attendees.
late Middle English: from Old French raime, based on Arabic rizma 'bundle'.
- 1Widen (a hole) with a special tool: a fan which has a small enough hole to be reamed out to the correct sizeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Wilson drills and reams a hole that will form the beginning of the bolt channel.
- If step 4 does not work, you need to go to a machine shop and get the post reamed out of the seat tube.
- Once cooled, the outer clay is chipped away and the carbonized core reamed out, with the casting filed and chased.
- 1.1Widen a bore or hole in (a gun or other metal object) with a special tool: the rods were marked out, drilled, and reamedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- After gun drilling, the rough bore must be reamed to establish the desired internal diameter and to improve surface finish.
- It can also be used in drilling, end milling and reaming applications.
- Each of the six machines are capable of performing all of the necessary machining processes on each knuckle including milling, drilling, reaming and cutting all ball joint angles and tapers.
- 1.2North American Clear out or remove (material) from something: pierce, probe, and ream out the bony chambers of the crab’s bodyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Sounding rods were used before antibiotics to ream out a gonorrhoea-mangled urethra.
- After you have cut the pipe, use the special blade on the tubing cutter to ream out the ‘burr ‘on the inside of the newly cut pipe.’
- He jumped up and reamed the glass shards out of the windowsill.
- 2North American • informal Rebuke (someone) fiercely: the agent reamed him out for walking away from the dealMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I'm not saying Moore is above criticism either, I really reamed him out earlier this year when he endorsed Clark.
- We didn't speak the entire way home and I just know he was about to explode and ream me a new one.
- Too many times, we see a critic veer off the page to ream an author for the facts of his or her life.
early 19th century: of unknown origin.