Definición de reap en inglés:
- She lived and worked with a family of peasants, cultivating the field, planting crops, reaping the harvest.
- With it, farmers could retain their soil and still reap a crop.
- Last year, while fellow sweet-cherry growers were reeling from the financial blow of low yields, Kendell was reaping an impressive harvest.
- It was replaced with a more local, romantic Palestinian nationalism - familiar to Europeans - that reveres the peasant and the shepherd and dreams of reaping the land.
- The cornfields are almost all reaped.
- As gameplay progresses, you'll place your cities, have your population grow, build wonders, armies, reap the land and generally just try to survive.
- As a visiting scientist in the United States she reaped the data harvest from a new generation of seismic observatories, installed during the Cold War to monitor underground nuclear explosions.
- At the end of fiscal 2002, when banks had reaped a bumper harvest through treasury profits, it was widely seen as a one-time affair and not expected to be repeated this year.
- On top of that, the United States reaped a great harvest of German ideas about aerial technology with its foresighted Operation Paperclip at the end of the war.
Old English ripan, reopan, of unknown origin.
Reap is something of a mystery. We do not know its origin, and it has no matching words in related languages. A person who seems unwilling to face up to the consequences of their actions may be told that you reap what you sow. This proverbial saying goes back to a verse in the biblical Epistle to the Galatians: ‘Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.’ See also grim
reap the harvest (or fruits) of
- Suffer the results or consequences of: we are now reaping the harvest of our permissive waysMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Now Africa reaps the bitter harvest of colonial and homegrown ethnic manipulation in endless civil wars and periodic outbreaks of rioting and killing.
- Vancouver's Downtown Eastside, for years a testing ground of liberal policies that allegedly stem the damage of drug abuse and the spread of AIDS, is now reaping the tragic harvest.
- Kumar is now reaping a bitter harvest from the '90s.
you reap what you sow
- proverb You eventually have to face up to the consequences of your actions.Oraciones de ejemplo
- But for the rest, well I'm afraid you reap what you sow and the Board, the gloryhunters, the accountants and the marketing people can only stand by and hope that this doesn't mean the end.
- But I like to think you reap what you sow, Captain.
- The sugar industry is a lot like the lobbying industry, you reap what you sow.
Palabras que riman con reapasleep, beep, bleep, cheap, cheep, creep, deep, heap, Jeep, keep, leap, neap, neep, peep, seep, sheep, skin-deep, sleep, steep, Streep, sweep, veep, weep
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.