- A defensive action carried out by a retreating army: the troops remaining in the islands fought a bitter rearguard action • figurative women cadets are fighting a rearguard action for their causeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- During the 1924 retreat from Chaouen to Tétouan in west Morocco, a disaster even greater than Anual, it fought a month-long rearguard action under Franco.
- By the first week in January 1945, the German onslaught had been stopped and the Wehrmacht was fighting a desperate rearguard action.
- After the Glorious Revolution he was made a Jacobite duke, fought at the Boyne, carried on the rearguard action, and died in Limerick just before it was forced to capitulate.
Más definiciones de rearguard actionDefinición de rearguard action en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.