Definición de rebuke en inglés:
- He was criticized, he was rebuked by others in the Pentagon at the time.
- He would stare at her, apologising for leaving her on the landing that day, yet rebuking her for her behaviour.
- He did and the judge rebuked him for it, but the point got made.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- The 59-year-old was at the centre of all the wrong publicity six years ago, when his comments about Irish women drew strong rebukes and criticism.
- I should have been sat in front of the television making mental notes and issuing sharp rebukes to his paper thin justifications for war.
- His declaration is the first time a sitting Conservative MP has advocated a complete break with the EU and is sure to provoke a sharp rebuke from party whips.
Middle English (originally in the sense 'force back, repress'): from Anglo-Norman French and Old Northern French rebuker, from re- 'back, down' + bukier 'to beat' (originally 'cut down wood', from Old French busche 'log').
Someone who has been rebuked or told off may feel cut down to size—its source is medieval French rebuker, which originally meant ‘to cut down wood’.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- These days, he calls himself a ‘coke rebuker’ and delivers a rap message of recovery and restoration in churches.
- In this case, the rich girl would be right to assume that the critic is below the rebuker in life.
- Besides, why should the rebuker care about someone's else sin.
Palabras que riman con rebukearchduke, chibouk, duke, Farouk, fluke, kook, Luke, nuke, peruke, puke, Seljuk, snook, souk, spruik, stook, tuque, zouk
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.