Definición de recent en inglés:
1Having happened, begun, or been done not long ago; belonging to a past period comparatively close to the present: his recent visit to Britain a recent edition of the newspaper
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The real agony for home fans lies in the fact that they have seen it happen so often in the recent past.
- The reason for this mistaken notion can be traced to the events of our recent past.
- My research in recent years has begun to come up with some of the answers for this.
2 (Recent) Geology another term for Holocene.
- In general, species richness in the Miocene and Pliocene was high whereas Pleistocene and Recent diversity is very low.
- All four larger Recent families of Stromboidea are represented in Cenozoic strata from Chile.
- Diversity patterns in Recent and fossil tropical American mollusks have been the focus of considerable debate.
sustantivo(the Recent) Geology Volver al principio
- Example sentences
- Among these contributors will be some of the movers and shakers of criminology in the coming years: and the sharpness and recency of their experience can be expected to resonate with those of the generation to come.
- We then computed a recency of use measure by subtracting the difference between the respondent's actual age and the age he or she last reported any use of a particular substance.
- Because of the relative recency of Internet forums for intellectual interchanges, a number of precedents may be set that will determine the future course of peer commentary.
- Example sentences
- The most recent version was published in 2002, but don't let that recentness fool you - a good few months ago, when I remembered having read a much older version, I decided to try and seek out a copy.
- First-years will identify with the recentness of the ordeal, and everyone else can simply be thankful that their orientation is far behind them, and now it is a new class's turn to suffer.
- It is a significant sign of the recentness of ‘Chinese nationalism’ that this curious situation bothered very few people until about 110 years ago.