- 1Relating to an economic recession: recessional timesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In addition, the recessional economy has created a more cautious buying environment.
- This trend was due to lower outflows on services and other incomes earned because of the recessional conditions of the domestic economy, including the export sector.
- Because it has diversified from gaming and tourism, Las Vegas is no longer immune to U.S. recessional trends, he said.
- 2chiefly Astronomy Relating to or denoting motion away from the observer: astronomers measure an object’s recessional speed by observing its red shiftMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Over three decades of such trials they have shown that the recessional speed of the Moon is about an inch and a half per year.
- Typical recessional speed for Virgo cluster galaxies is about 1,200 kilometres/second.
- So, in a nutshell, if a galaxy's peculiar velocity is toward us and larger than its Hubble recessional velocity, then its light will appear blueshifted.
- 3 Geology (Of a moraine or other deposit) left during a pause in the retreat of a glacier or ice sheet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Thus beaches are correlated with recessional moraines, and the beach elevation remains the same until the ice barrier retreats to a position where a new lake outlet is exposed.
- A substantial recessional moraine accumulated at the junction of the three tributary glaciers at this position.
- Bogs and glacial recessional lake deposits frequently contain compressible deposits of peat and organic-rich silt.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A hymn sung while the clergy and choir process out of church at the end of a service.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Gail Smith, who has been active in church music, has assembled a useful group of pieces suitable for church or Sunday school preludes, offertories or recessionals.
- The choir sang for processionals and recessionals and during church services.
- Either of these two pieces could also be used immediately after the wedding recessional, while guests leave the Church.
Más definiciones de recessionalDefinición de recessional en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.