Definición de recite en inglés:
- While imprisoned for the night, he famously kept his spirits up by singing ballads and reciting passages from the Bible.
- Anyone wishing to sing a song or recite a poem is welcome to do so.
- There are books to help children with their maths and science and teach them to recite poems and sing songs.
- He recites names, dates, places and conversations from childhood up to now.
- Her voice was cold as if she was merely reciting facts from a textbook.
- When I read these names I feel like that young man reciting the names of the stations on the Paris metro.
This was first used as a legal term in the sense ‘state (a fact) in a document’, but the sense ‘repeat aloud something learned by heart’ soon followed. It comes via French from Latin recitare ‘read out’, from re- (a sense intensifier here) and citare ‘cite’, source of cite (Late Middle English) which originally meant to summon someone to court.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- There were musicians, singers, reciters and storytellers from various parts of the county as well as guest entertainers from Kerry, Tipperary and Offaly.
- Seldom had such a number of storytellers, singers and poetry reciters been together.
- After working as a clerk, he moved to Melbourne, where he trained as a reciter, but in his mid-20s he became afflicted by a strange hoarseness whenever he started to perform.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.