Definición de reclassify en inglés:
verbo (reclassifies, reclassifying, reclassified)[with object]
1Assign to a different class or category: what was previously tax relief may be reclassified as government expenditure
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ketamine is currently legal although the Home Office has plans to reclassify it as a class C drug by the end of this year.
- The book was reclassified Category 1 - Restricted.
- But in November 2000 the prison was reclassified as a Category C prison, which meant inmates could not work in the community.
1.1(In South Africa during the apartheid era) officially assign (someone) to a different legally defined ethnic group.
- The fine print is fascinating, explaining the criteria used by government panels to reclassify people from one racial group to another.
- She was never legally reclassified; her father fought tirelessly against it.
- Example sentences
- In 2002, the council recommended the reclassification of cannabis to a class C drug prompting controversial changes to the way the drug was tackled by police forces.
- From then it will be for manufacturers to request reclassification of their products, with oral contraceptives expected to be at the head of the queue.
- Currently 40 parcels of land are being considered for reclassification.
Definición de reclassify en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan