- 1The restoration of friendly relations: his reconciliation with your uncle [count noun]: the earl was seeking a reconciliation with his wifeMás ejemplos en oraciones
reuniting, reunion, bringing (back) together (again), conciliation, reconcilement; pacification, appeasement, placating, propitiation, mollificationresolution, settlement, rectification; settling, resolving, mending, remedyingrapprochement, détente• informal fence-mendingharmonizing, harmonization, synthesis, squaring, adjustment, balancing• rare syncretization
- However, the dialogue is more than a moment of reconciliation.
- Without resurrection, there can never be any final reconciliation.
- Rio Tinto chairman, Robert Wilson, spoke of "reconciliation" with Union employees.
- 2The action of making one view or belief compatible with another: any possibility of reconciliation between such clearly opposed positionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The process of reconciliation of the high-tech vs. low-tech paradox was spectacularly demonstrated by a New York Times report about the Al Qaeda's regrouping efforts using the Internet.
- 3The action of making financial accounts consistent; harmonization: the reconciliation process should be consistent with the business strategyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Fennell also referred to the council's bank overdraft position as was stated in annexure B of its bank reconciliation report on April 30.
- Around February 28, 2000, Mr. Vucenovic delivered an expense and realty tax reconciliation statement for the year 1999 to the tenants.
- Some companies use pre-assignment estimates, accrual, and quarterly reconciliation processes in an effort to get closer to tracking and managing the total costs.