verbo[no object] chiefly Biology
Bend backwards: (as adjective recurved) large recurved tusks
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The petals may be overlapped, recurved, frilled, crinkled or ruffled.
- All teeth as preserved are pointed (there are no evident bicuspid crowns), and slightly recurved posteriorly.
- The flowers commonly have more or less recurved petals, and usually face outward or upward (as opposed to drooping).
A bow that curves forward at the ends, which straighten out under tension when the bow is drawn.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The recurve requires less than half the effort of the longbow to draw back the string.
- Modern longbows and recurves advance efficient hunting distances another measure.
- On the wall adjacent to the targets, hung unstrung bows of every kind - longbows, short bows, recurves and compounds, even a crossbow - and beside them hung quivers full of arrows.
Late 16th century: from Latin recurvare 'bend something back', from re- 'back' + curvare 'to bend'.
Definición de recurve en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda