Definición de red-bait en inglés:
verbo[with object] (often as noun red-baiting) North American informal
Harass or persecute (someone) on account of known or suspected communist sympathies: (as adjective red-baiting) the red-baiting chairman of the Senate committee
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Though stopping short of overtly red-baiting him, the newspaper continued to refer to his earlier associations with leftist organizations.
- You may have seen a letter I emailed earlier regarding his red-baiting me in a public forum of almost 100 people.
- The newspaper published a string of editorials and comments, red-baiting the organisers, which include the middle class radical group Resistance, and demanding the government take action.
sustantivoSouth African Volver al principio
- Example sentences
- For them, the threat to liberal values came entirely from the right - from militarists, from red-baiters, and from the forces of economic reaction.
- For the red-baiters, American movies represented a totalitarianism creeping in from without.
- The language used in the campaign easily matches the standards set by the great Fleet Street red-baiters of the past.
Definición de red-bait en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan