Either of two North American coniferous trees with reddish-brown bark:
- Two species in the family Cupressaceae: the western red cedar (Thuja plicata), which yields strong, lightweight timber and is cultivated in Europe, and the eastern red cedar (Juniperus virginiana), found chiefly in the eastern US
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fortunately there are plenty of other deck-worthy trees in the forest, among them teak, Western red cedar, redwood, and mahogany.
- The gardens have very successfully combined Japanese species such as azaleas, maples and cherry trees with native plants such as Canadian maples and red cedars.
- Scattered eastern red cedar are the only trees within the glade communities.
Definición de red cedar en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.