Definición de redaction en inglés:
1The process of editing text for publication: what was left after the redaction would be virtually useless
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I said I felt strongly that this was a matter of liaison sensitivity that justified redaction (editing).
- Goldstein brings together the fruit of extensive research and massive erudition in multiple disciplines, wielding the tools of source, genre, redaction, and textual criticism with masterful force.
- Third, I would argue once more that redaction and narrative criticisms are the friend rather than the foe of historical verification.
1.1The censoring or obscuring of part of a text for legal or security purposes.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The brief is riddled with the black boxes lawyers call redactions.
- This year, MPs were given copies of their files, already marked with the Commons authorities changes, to suggest their own redactions.
- The Sunday Telegraph, which has access to the files without redactions, can provide the full picture.
1.2 [count noun] A version of a text, such as a new edition or an abridged version: the author himself never chose to establish a definitive redaction
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Established by the monk Tao-hsüan, this school began by establishing which of the several redactions of the monastic regulations that had been translated into Chinese would become the standard.
- Later redactions of saints' lives tended to omit historical details that were no longer easily understood and to embellish the text with more outlandish miracle stories.
- Both redactions of the original play make Act I, Scene 2 of vital importance in the development of the relations of power between Caliban, Prospero, and Miranda.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Rather, he claims that the text is ‘not a seamless whole, but… the product of much redactional activity’.
- Because of the focus on the text as it stands, discussion of redactional and compositional issues is minimal.
- Similarly, appeals to either form critical or redactional studies have not won a consensus.
Late 18th century: from French rédaction, from late Latin redactio(n-), from redigere 'bring back'.
Palabras que riman con redactionabstraction, action, attraction, benefaction, compaction, contraction, counteraction, diffraction, enaction, exaction, extraction, faction, fraction, interaction, liquefaction, malefaction, petrifaction, proaction, protraction, putrefaction, retroaction, satisfaction, stupefaction, subtraction, traction, transaction, tumefaction, vitrifaction
Definición de redaction en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda