- 1Make or become red: [with object]: bare arms reddened by sun and wind [no object]: the sky is reddeningMás ejemplos en oraciones
make/colour red• rare mantle
- My skin was still stinging from the heat and when I looked at my grandmother I saw, with horror, that her arms were reddened too.
- I had time to see everything about her - her sacking apron, her clumsy clogs, her arms reddened by the cold.
- His blond hair was buzzed close to his scalp, and his complexion was reddened slightly from the sun, giving his head the look of a bad-tempered peach.
- 1.1 [no object] (Of a person) blush: Lyn reddened at the description of herselfMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He was reddening as every second passed, and his brows were creased.
- Pamela reddened, looked down and shook her head.
- Ryan reddened in his light anger and embarrassment.
- 1.2 [no object] (Of the eyes) become pink at the rims as a result of crying: (as adjective reddened) the reddened eyes filled afreshMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At least the two boys got to sit on their father's lap as he sat in the prisoner's box, she said, clutching her head scarf, her eyes slightly reddened.
- She looked straight at me, her eyes reddening from tears.
- ‘There,’ she said after she finished with the braid, and tried her best to throw a smile even as her eyes reddened with tears.