Definición de reduplicate en inglés:
1Repeat or copy so as to form another of the same kind: the upper parts of the harmony may be reduplicated at the octave above
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Words like that are called reduplicates and some of my favorites (found here, scroll down to the bottom) include dilly-dally, fuddy-duddy, higgledy-piggledy, hurly-burly, and namby-pamby.
- This way, you can reduplicate the blend if you ever need to.
- The above General Terms and Conditions were not reduplicated in the revised 4 vessel policy; but the case has been argued on the basis that they are properly incorporated.
1.1Repeat (a syllable or other linguistic element) exactly or with a slight change (e.g. hurly-burly, see-saw).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- An earlier paper had suggested that the phenomenon of transforming items by moving or reduplicating words might be connected with reactions to incongruity.
- Rumah ‘house’, buku ‘book’, and ikan ‘fish’ are among those that can be reduplicated; air ‘water’, nasi ‘rice’, and gula ‘sugar’ cannot be reduplicated.
- In two cases English words derive from Latin words in which the infinitive ends in atare and in which the at - is therefore reduplicated in the supine; they are dilatare, to spread out, and natare, to swim.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Whether full or partial, reduplication can serve to intensify an adjective, place a verb into the future or the past, pluralize a noun or scatter its distribution, render an action continuous, or simply imply repetition.
- Now, there are some interesting restrictions on English reduplication, but the plain fact of it is incontestable (at least in every North American dialect I've ever come across).
- Elsewhere, Kothari instructs the spectator to ‘look for the symmetrical reduplication and repetitive parallelism of dance patterns’.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He makes the point that reduplicative is really tautologous - ‘duplicative’ would have been sufficient, if it were a noun.
- This reduplicative lexicon vanishes entirely in lines 7-10, only to reappear (further emphasized by grammatical parallelism) in lines 11-13 - ‘Sweet roses sweet deaths sweetest odours beauteous.’
- A number are reduplicative, as in Tilba Tilba, Wagga Wagga, and Woy Woy.
Definición de reduplicate en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia