Pronunciación: /riːˈfɪt /(refits, refitting, refitted) [with object]
- Replace or repair machinery, equipment, and fittings in (a ship, building, etc.): a lucrative contract to refit a submarine fleetMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She spent the first winter refitting a tall ship in a village in Spain.
- He recalls his younger days working alongside platers and welders in the Southampton shipyard of Vosper, repairing and refitting liners such as the QE2 and the Canberra.
- On the way he had discovered Hawaii, a perfect place for refitting his ships.
Pronunciación: /ˈriːfɪt /Volver al principio
- A restoration or repair of machinery, equipment, or fittings: the minesweeper is back in action following an extensive refit [mass noun]: the refit of ships damaged by enemy actionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Now, after an extensive refit and repairs, carried out at Portsmouth, the ship is again preparing for front-line service.
- Gawler had just completed a 16-week period that included a refit at Darwin Ship Repair and Engineering.
- The yacht has been undergoing an extensive refit in North Vancouver ever since Lyon and crew sailed it to Vancouver from Holland last June.
Más definiciones de refitDefinición de refit en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.