- A telescope which uses a converging lens to collect the light.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are two main types of telescopes: refracting telescopes, which use lenses to gather the light and form an image; and reflecting telescopes, which use mirrors to accomplish the same purpose.
- Through his work with optics and colours Newton came to believe that refracting telescopes, which were subject to colour interference, were outmoded.
- Even the York observatory - that lovely, brick-built dome almost hidden by shrubbery in the middle of the Museum Gardens - at one time housed the biggest refracting telescope in the world.
Más definiciones de refracting telescopeDefinición de refracting telescope en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.